How a nanny can help your family
Nannies give individual, personal care. Your children are looked after within the stability and security of their own home.
Nannies are a very flexible and convenient childcare option for many families. They can help transport children to their usual activities or social events, look after children when they are unwell, and can fit in with a family’s routine and lifestyle.
A nanny can look after four to five children from the same family depending on the situation.
Nanny job description
The primary focus of the nanny role is childcare.
Nannies can do all or some of these tasks:
- Daily care and supervision of babies and children including feeding, bathing and dressing.
- Planning of age appropriate, play and learning activities.
- Organising meal and sleep times.
- Planning and supervision of educational and social activities in consultation with parents.
- Transporting children to school, kindergarten, and medical appointments.
- Preparing infant formula and suitable meals for children.
- Maintenance and care of children’s toys, equipment, bedrooms and play areas.
- Light household tasks including children’s laundry.
- Maintaining communication with parents regarding children’s daily activities.
- Nannies may be prepared to perform other household task if time permits such as when children are at kinder or school.
Rogan Family Care provides a screening process second to none that sets us apart from all other nanny agencies. Rogan Family Care is recognised for setting the industry standard with our superior screening techniques.
Our 10-part screening process for each nanny candidate includes:
Each potential candidate is personally interviewed by one of our team members to meet your specific requirements
References are checked by our staff over the telephone under an interview basis
Current national police checks are checked and retained on our system as well as updated every 6 months
A Victorian Working With Children’s Card is mandatory and retained on our system
Driver’s licence is checked and retained on our system
- Current First Aid certificate is mandatory and retained on our system
- Current CPR certificate is mandatory and retained on our system
- Certificate III in Children’s Services is also mandatory for our qualified Nannies and retained on our system
- VEVO checks are completed if we are requested for oversees nannies and retained on our system
- 3 forms of current ID are mandatory and retained on our system